Throughout the last 30 years, Noble Marine Insurance have been enthusiastic supporters of social and competitive sailing and we are the preferred dinghy insurance provider and sponsor for more than 25 class associations. Click on the link below to see if you are eligible for a discount on your dinghy insurance.
10% Class Association discount for members of our Sponsored Class Associations.
If you do need to make a claim then you can be confident that our 5 Star Trustpilot rated claims team will get you and your dinghy back on the water with the minimum of fuss.
12.5% Multi Boat discount if you insure more than one boat on a single policy (maximum discount £150 per policy).
Our Dinghy Insurance Policy Features
- 'New for Old' boat replacement on boats up to 2 years old where you are the first owner of the boat
- Lifetime 'New for Old' cover on masts, sails, spars and rigging up to the overall sum insured
- Racing cover included as standard
- Personal belongings covered up to the value of £350
- Protective covers and storage bags automatically covered
- Race fees up to £150 if your dinghy is out of action due to an insurance claim
- Specialist Marine Electrical equipment cover up to the value of £350
- Use available for any person using your boat with your permission
- Cover available for your Trailer or Trolley
- Third party liability of £5,000,000
RS Aero Dinghy & Laser Dinghy enhanced cover
Overseas Use & Competition
Noble Marine Insurance is delighted that over the years we have supported competitors at all levels including Olympians. Inevitably this includes competing overseas where requirements vary, particularly for liability cover.
We can usually accommodate these requests, just call us to discuss your requirements and we will help you through the process.
- Increased liability cover (for property damage or injury to third parties) available for:-
- Australia, up to AUS $10m
- Italy €6,070,000
- USA Liability cover (for property damage or injury to third parties) for up to $500,000
- Liability Certificates available in Spanish, Italian and Greek
Please note that policy cover is subject to the terms and conditions of our Marine Insurance Policy
Is this the right policy for my Dinghy?
Dinghies can sometimes be hard to categorise as there are so many unusual and one-off designs that don't confirm to the usual conventions. Noble Marines' dinghy insurance is flexible enough to accommodate almost all dinghies but if we don't think it fits we will be able to provide you with a quote on another insurance policy in most cases.
Our definition is a small sailing boat for recreation or racing. It will be an open boat with a mast and sails. It will be usually be up to 8m / 26ft long and hold up to a two or three people. It will not normally have a cabin. It might have a small outboard engine, usually not exceeding 10HP.
If you have a dinghy which doesn't fit this definition then please call us and we will provide you with a quote for your dinghy insurance under the most suitable policy.