The marina complex, opened in May 1983 occupies the site of the former Humber and Railway docks.
Humber dock, Hull's second dock opened in 1809, and covers an area of 7 acres. Railway dock, Hull's fourth dock opened 37 years later in 1846 and covers an area of 3 acres. Having closed to commercial traffic in the late 60's, the docks fell into disrepair until the redevelopment of the area to create the Marina.
Situated in the heart of the city, today the marina is a haven for yachts and small sailing craft providing 270 permanent and visiting berths. Surrounded by shops, restaurants, traditional pubs and contemporary café bars, the marina is the perfect place to take a stroll, or to enjoy a drink and watch the world go by.
During the summer months the marina provides the atmospheric setting for the city's annual international Jazz and Sea Shanty festivals enjoyed by residents and visitors alike.