The club was founded in 1950 and is affiliated to the RYA.
Sailing is at Combs reservoir a canal feeder, situated on the south side of the road from Whaley Bridge to Chapel en le Frith.
The water level in the reservoir was lowered when the dam was damaged in a storm in 1976.
The dam was repaired in 1982-83 and the water restored to its former glory.
The club facilities include a club house, containing changing rooms and showers,
Observation lounge and a balcony and a dinghy park close to the waters edge.
The club has a full racing calendar and free sailing on a regular basis.
Club members may sail at any time they wish.
The club has a number of boats which can be used by any members subject to conditions.
All members are issued with keys for the high security gate locks and keys for the Club House on receipt of a refundable deposit.